Beep. Beep. Bop.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Venturing and Gaining

EEWWWWHHH. The dog just threw up, and somehow, it's just not as awesome as the hurling gorilla at the Bronx zoo. Probably because I had to clean it up.

Thanks to me, some more cucumbers got pickled this morning. The jars sealed and everything. I'm becoming so skilled. In the meantime, I decided to clean up in the basement. I haven't finished, but I got a good start, and it allowed me time to bond with Loulou, the rescued mourning dove. I let her fly free while I was sweeping and organizing. That bird's trust and love is all mine, mine, mine. I can't say the same for the sickly depressed dog, who apparently can't wait until Keely and Carsten get home.

So I'm just taking care of business while they're out of town for the next few weeks. It's good to know me, if I do say so myself. I was going to do some painting and weeding around the evening, but it's raining and pouring, and I've only been good for snoring. Luckily, I think things are going to be cooling down around here as a result of the much needed rain, which will be nice for that painting and weeding. The whole country seems like it has been in heat.

Other than keeping up with the pets and chores, I got to hang out with Josh and Franz the other day. Josh and I went to the St. Paul's farmer's market, in which we got attacked by a thunderstorm. We were drenched. We brewed some tea to warm up and wait for it to pass before venturing to Uptown (It's like the Williamsburg of New York; in other words, a hipster mecca), where we saw some snazzy cars all dressed up. It was kind of like the Harris Lake Boat race, but not at all. No racing involved. Just parading.

Then Franz and I went to check out Josh's farm, which was quite beautiful. We saw two fawn on the way out to his place and got a little lost in the country on the way home. To our joy, a drunk, country couple helped us with directions, as they were getting out to change drivers. We followed their swerving tail to the main highway.

I'm venturing into a book on writing called If you Want to Write, written by a long-time deceased Minnesotan, in hopes to cultivate my imagination. I've had such an aversion to writing lately. I don't know if it's from school, or the OA, or what, but something left a cramp in my hand and a block in my head. But I guess I'm just making excuses. Anyone can write, but I'm just not. It's all about change and making myself do things. Getting over aversions. It's just the beginning: venturing and gaining. Hopefully, not failing.

On a lighter note: I get a haircut tomorrow by a sexy, Scottish man. Yay. It's been ages.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey lady...are you in north carolina yet? i'll try to call when i get settled in a bit more with the new semester.
loves,
brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home