Beep. Beep. Bop.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Acknowledgements Page

Well, I realize I didn't exactly explain/describe the people I was hanging out with in New York and other places. Therefore, I've decided to start an acknowledgements page, which I'll edit along the way. Now, I know blogs are ordinarily journal-like, but I don't see any problems with it being multi-faceted. If people happen to see someone's profile as interesting and ask me for their contact info and then hit it off, who am I to say blogs shouldn't also be used as dating services. And it's absolutely FREE. If I haven't met you along the way on this road trip, but you'd like your profile included, be sure to let me know. I don't discriminate and can ignore your worser traits and write a glowing recommendation.

NASHVILLE

Natalie and Greg: A wonderful couple who allowed me to use their futon for a fun-filled night in the music capital. Now, granted, they are a couple, and I'm not a big fan of homewrecking (not that I haven't ever done it, which is how I learned I"m not a big fan of it), I suggest this couple be contacted only in cases of emergency (Greg is just entering Medical School, so he could probably re-set your bones or give you advice about birth control or something) or in cases of other couples looking for new couples to hang out with. Natalie is good at many things, but she's especially good at counseling and making strawberry cakes and being jokey. They love cats.

P.S. They have recently re-located to Chapel Hill

CHAPEL HILL

Josh: Can this boy sing! Well, if he can't sing, he can definitely turn saws and other hand tools into musical instruments. Besides his musical skills and talents, he really knows his way around the kitchen. One of the more wittier people that I know. Great hair. Owns a gigantic van. And can get you a discount at Whole Foods (and that place is expensive.)

WASHINGTON DC

Tron: How should I explain Jon? I feel like Jon is a reflective soul as he is trying out different paths in the world. He definitely has an urge to help people, although from the sounds of his blog, he might be focusing more on his self lately than on other people (he has his reasons, I'm sure). Consistency and follow-through are two strong points. Smart; A dynamic conversationalist.

NEW YORK CITY

Emily: A childhood pal, so you know she's loyal. We met in art class, so you know she's creative. A graduate of Sarah Lawrence College. Can liven up any dull room. Good with children and men. And great taste in books.

The following three people share an apartment with Emily.

Joey: Willing to spend money on a good meal. A thinker and sometimes poet. Adventurous, if the risks aren't too high. Recently joined the Garbriel Garcia Marquez fan club. Is trying his hands at interning, which he thinks might be against his better judgment.

Sarah: Has a boyfriend, but would make a good friend. She has a knack for working with the elderly. Owns a great selection of earrings. And if I said Josh knows his way around a kitchen, I take that back, because Sarah really knows her way around the kitchen. I'm talking some elegant meals. I didn't know people our age knew how to cook like that. Even-tempered.

David: Not even-tempered, but goes by Violet Temper, at least when he's dressed up in drag. A great set of legs and sense of humor. Introduced me to Party Monster and watched a documentary about the Omish with me (Good movie taste). Knows how to sew.

Melissa: Recent convert to New York, and she's making the most of it with two jobs on her belt. Work-ethic--she's got it. She's in a runner's club, so you should be in shape if you want to keep up with her. Likes: zoos, bars, and cheese.

PHILO, ILLINOIS

Danielle: This girl doesn't know how to have a bad time. Has strong family values. Entering med school in Little Rock come fall, so she'll probably be too busy to date you. Loves animals. And did I mention: Gorgeous (inside and out). I think I heard she danced on a table, once, or twice...

ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA

Keely and Carsten: I've known Keely since the womb. We're not twins, but my mom used to own a maternity store that her mom shopped at. Both of our moms were pregnant with us at this time, and we lived down the street from each other until we were 18, when she decided to move away to Germany to live with a guy she met on a plane. That guy is Carsten, and they're now living happily ever after. That sort of thing never happens to me, but it's a good story, yeah? Well, I guess Keely and Carsten are off limits, unless you're just looking for two quirky friends who know lots of odd facts about anything and everything. At least Carsten does. Also, animal lovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home