Beep. Beep. Bop.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Consumption

Well, my last day in New York proved to be a full one, literally.

1) Breakfast: Moosetracks Ice Cream
2) Lunch: Coney Island Chili and Cheese Dog with Cheese Fries + Beer
3) Snacks: 2 Giant Daquries in a Bong Looking Device + 2 Magnolia Cupcakes
4) Sort of Dinner: Sweet Potato Fries + Guacamole and Chips

Not one healthy thing. Okay, the Guacamole is debatable.

I think even my nose has gained weight. It's great not to take one's self and diet so seriously, at least while one's on vacation, and it's important to celebrate the beginning and/or ends of things. And I guess this is the end of New York for me, for now. I'm so sappy and sad about it, I might have to comfort myself with some more Ice Cream after this entry.

However, ixnay on the maynay, which is code for, I'm no longer going to Maine or Boston for that matter. I realize visiting both of these places would obviously make me a cooler person, but if I invest in these places it screws up timing with visiting people and places of the Illinois/Minnesota/Wisconsin area. I'm feeling a tiny bit miserable about not being able to do it all, but I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too (talking metaphorically now, and I think I've screwed the saying up, but you know what I mean.) But this doesn't negate the approaching excitement of visiting Danielle in Champaine, Illinois, which I think is going to be a little bit more country and a little bit less city.

The change of pace will be nice. At least, my legs think so. They really are too short (long torso) for the hustle and bustle of New York. Ignore my whining, unless you want to criticize it in a post. All posts are welcome, even negative ones, just anything. I'm beginning to think not enough people are reading the blog and that I'll have to resort to the old school mass email. The choice is yours.

I'm going to go throw up now.

Just kidding. You think I want to be like that gorilla at the zoo (If you don't know what this is referring too, you need to revert to reading previous posts)? Not my style. I'm much more sophisticated than that.

4 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey...are you going to visit josh's farm in minnesota? if so, give him a hello from me. i'm glad to hear you're having such a good time on your road trip. i must admit i'm a tad jealous.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you do know where you are, right?
right about now, you should be in my birthtown!! what a reason to celebrate!!!!!!! make danielle drive you by carl hospital and you'll see where i was born nearly 22 years ago.

miss you so much ellen
the 400 16 year olds are wearing me out.

luff you!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Brookey--What is your blog address again??? Yeah, I'm planning on visiting his farm (and maybe working for a bit), but I haven't talked to him since I left for my trip, so I guess I should get in touch with him soooon...And don't be jealous. Maybe your honeymoon can be a road trip. That would be fun, fun, fun...

Meggo Mosso--I'm glad you are alive. Why haven't we've talked in ages? Have you been ignoring my messages, missy? Anyhoo, can't wait to hear all about governor's school and the rowdy kiddos that make it up.

Cale Diggity--Ummm...well, i haven't seen any brewers stuff yet, but i hadn't really been keeping an eye out for it, but i will surely start. How's your gardens (and girl, haha)? Have to tease you every now and then. i will start taking better notes of these areas, since i'm not really taking pictures and then i'll describe it all to you when i get back and that way it will feel like you've been here before. illinois was rad. will post about it soon.

are you the only three who read my blog? sigh. well, thanks. that's why i love y'all the most.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

god. how do you edit responses. it's not like i didn't study literature and writing. that "we've" in the response to megan should be "we" and don't mind all the other rules i've broken...and nevermind brooke. in mourning over my typo i figured out how to get to your blog...i just do a little clickyclicky on your name-o on your post-o.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home