Beep. Beep. Bop.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Entering the wonderful world of Blog.

Blog. I looked it up expecting some great and exciting definition, thinking it might mean something else besides just web log. I was wrong. Still, it's becoming a four letter word of great popularity. Resistant at first to the blog, I've become a believer. What a great way to keep in touch, and keeping in touch is important, no?

Not only have I snickered at bloggers (before I became a believer), I also used to snicker at people who say they need to find themselves. It's a little cliche you know, and I think it's a philosophy that can set people up for disappointment...like, it makes it sound like there's some sort of ending or unchanging, stagnant self who has all the answers and is mysteriously hiding somewhere and waiting to be found. I'm sorry, I just don't believe that the self is the prize in a box of cracker jack or behind a tree somewhere. It's just not. (Hmmm...don't analyze this metaphor/analogy...it doesn't really work, but you know what I mean...I'm just being judgmental) However, even though I snicker at the "I need to find myself" philosophy, I do understand the difficulty of transitional periods that make understanding ourselves a little confusing at times. So I'm going to retract my former insenstivity...as I'm about to go on a little (long?) road trip. Yay! Road trip! I'm still a little stubborn and can't commit to saying I'm out to find myself, but I am going to go out and see what my self can find me. It's all very open-ended. Well, if that doesn't make any darned selfish sense.

So back to the keeping in touch part. Even though my little road trip is going to bring me closer to some of you, it's going to drive me farther away from others, physically, I mean. Hopefully this blog will do its job and keep us emotionally and mentally connected. It's my way of bringing you along for the ride (sorry for forcing any of you to vicariously live with me, but I promise you can all have shotgun) If the blog fails, I'll have to renounce my faith and become a disbeliever again. No big loss. I'll try to keep my posts light and easy, with just enough embellished drama to keep things interesting for you--as any good road trip should be light and easy and interesting. Of course I'll still be sending out very personalized emails and postcards and trinkets and shit. Yall know how I can be.

Okay, hopefully my next post will be from Nashville or some other whereabout besides Fort Smtih, not that it's been all that bad lately and surprisingly.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Anonymous seo services in india said...

valuable information..

Professional SEO services can lift your site above your competitors. According to SEO experts,
SEO services in india

 

Post a Comment

<< Home