Beep. Beep. Bop.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Still Alive

Well, I guess I shouldn't post so consistently, because then when I don't post, I get all these worried emails asking if I'm okay. That's sweet. Thanks. Really, I just haven't been able to get to a computer until now.

Anyway, does anyone know a good mechanic in Brooklyn? My car started overheating right when I got into town. Perfect timing. Especially considering the approaching dark and being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Not to mention The bumper to bumper traffic was in between the toll booth and the holland tunnel. So I was thinking, "Great, I'm going to breakdown in the fucking tunnel and piss everyone off and be basically hated by all New Yorkers." Luckily, I took the opportunity to pull over next to some police officers even if it did involve darting through traffic, which initiated some honking.

The police officers greeted me by asking if I was the one who robbed the bank. Hmmm. No, but I did tell them my car was overheating. They didn't know much about cars, but they let me cool off and obtained immediate assistant for me from the roadside service people. It was great. A little cooling off and a little duck tape later, I was on my way. Parking is a bitch in Brooklyn but manageable enough. Other than that, everything in Brooklyn is as charming as can be. A real neighborhood feel. Anything in walking distance that you need. That sort of thing. And the weather has improved. Actually, it's rather stifling, but at least it feels like summer.

I don't have a whole lot on my agenda for New York. Yesterday, I just did a whole lot of wandering around the city. I admit I'm not the best wanderer, because I don't enjoy shopping, so I don't really go into any stores. I can't afford fancy meals. Luckily, bagels and coffee cost about a dollar everywhere, so I stick to the small shops and delis and grocery stores. I found that the NY Public Library and Central Park were the best places to lounge and take a break. Give me a park and I can stay happy all day. I also saw the one act plays my friend Emily manages. Rosy Perez appeared in one of them, which was kind of exciting. We're also planning on going to the modern art museum, coney island, and the beach. So it's a fun time here. Emily's apartment is really great. It has kind of this old, royal air about it. Maybe it's the chandelier. Or high ceilings. A great place to sleep. Her roommates prove great as well--not as old and royal, but young and trendy.

Well, I guess I better get back to exploring. And I guess I should get that car taken care of if I plan on going anywhere else.

P.S. Oh yeah, I forgot all about DC. I hung out with Jon the Tron for a bit. I saw parts of DC with Tron that I hadn't seen the previous year with Moyer. And I was a badass driving through DC; Well, at least until I got lost.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

elllllllleeeennnnnnnnn

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

hey ashmaster. dude, i sent the blog address to like three of your email addresses i had in my book...which address are you using? and why didn't they get to you...i promise that i didn't think i left you out, even if it somehow happened by accident. geez, i miss you too. especially today. new york can be rough on the soul/soles, for sure, or at least the bronx can. although the bronx zoo gets two thumbs up even if the rest of it doesn't...

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

hey ashmaster. dude, i sent the blog address to like three of your email addresses i had in my book...which address are you using? and why didn't they get to you...i promise that i didn't think i left you out, even if it somehow happened by accident. geez, i miss you too. especially today. new york can be rough on the soul/soles, for sure, or at least the bronx can. although the bronx zoo gets two thumbs up even if the rest of it doesn't...

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

oops. i double commented. how'd that happen. i hate techonology. and cars. do cars count as technology? yeah, i guess so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home