Beep. Beep. Bop.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Almost Tripping...

Okay, so I haven't left yet. In attempts to try to be a good daughter, I told my mom I'd do some stuff around the house before I left. Little did I know that this attempt would land me in hell. Seriously, have you ever tried removing 25 year old kitchen wallpaper? I thought it would be no big deal. I borrowed a steamer (It's called the Shark), set it to work, and not only have I gradually been able to get the paper off at a snail's pace, but I've also managed to get some drywall off too. So now I'm going to have to repair and sand the wall. This is the first time in a long time that some dumb physical task has left me wanting to cry. I'm miserable. So I decided to switch gears and leave the drywall hanging until I can face it again without tears.

Now I'm turning some old dressers from shabby into chic with some creative paintbrushing. The results have been better than the kitchen wallpaper. Who knows when I'll get out of here at the rate I'm working. I'm giving myself a deadline of the 28th. In the meantime, I'm going to go golfing with my younger brother tomorrow and maybe take him to see a movie in attempts to be a good sister and to cheer us both up--he just got laid off his job today, which he was too good for anyway. So much for continuing education programs. What's he to do now? Hang out with me tomorrow, but then there's always the next day. Options shouldn't be so limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home