Beep. Beep. Bop.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Good and Bad Day

Sheesh--talk about a long day. I've been reuniting with a Miss Melissa Rudder from the ranch over the past few days. We've had a good time talking it up and hanging it out. We went on a mission to find her a local bar. I think we succeeded. One of the bars in her neighborhood serves you a pizza (free!) with a beer (even if you order a cheap one)--and the pizza is whole and big and tasty. It was very exciting to my budget. Anyway, on to the good day, bad day part.

In the midst of our girly bar hopping, I managed to hurt my foot somehow. I didn't break it, but it's just uncomfortable to walk on, which I did a lot of today. Melissa and I went to the Bronx Zoo, which was fascinating and beautiful and almost made you feel like you weren't in a city. One of the Gorillas even threw up in his hand and then ate the throw up, only to throw it up and eat it again. It was awesome! So, the zoo begins the good part of the day. The bad part of the day began when Melissa had to go back to work to wait on Kevin Bacon or some other shabby celebrity, and I was left to wonder the streets of the Bronx alone.

Now, I had a very good reason for staying in the Bronx alone. My car needed picking up and seeing as how I got it towed to the Bronx after the first car place I took it to was going to charge me a couple grand, I thought, how perfect: We'll go to the zoo, and I'll retrieve my car, all in one day. Little did I know how amazingly fucking lost I'd get in the grungiest parts of the Bronx. Granted, everyone was really nice and offered to give me help. Too bad all of those people had horrible senses of directions as well, leaving me even more lost and stranded.

Finally, I got my act together and called the mechanic for help. He got me closer to the burning rubbery scent of my engine, but once again, the whole getting lost thing came up again, so he just had one of his guys pick me up on a corner. It was not awesome in the least. Okay, so the guy who picked me up was really nice and they barely charged me anything at all (well, in comparison to the original couple grand estimate), so it wasn't a total lost. So by the time I get back to Brooklyn, four lost hours had passed (of course I got lost driving on the way back--but not too bad). I've really got to start using a map. But here's the kicker, when I get within a block of Emily's (where I'm mostly staying) my car starts--??? You guessed it: Overheating. Hot damn. What a day!

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, that is bad.
shabby actors...kevin bacon is HOT!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

yeah, i've been seeing lots of things throw up lately, maybe it's a theme...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home